- • 2 cups dry Morninga Local village foods pasta
- • 1/3 cup vegan pesto of choice
- • ½ cup coconut cream
- • ½ cup vegan cheese (optional)
- • ½ tsp Dried basil
- • ½ tsp dried oregano
- • ½ tsp garlic flakes or 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- • Homemade or store-bought croutons
- • Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat up some water in a medium sized pot with some olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cook the pasta for minutes until al dente, drain slightly and add in the pesto, dried herbs, garlic flakes coconut milk, vegan cheese, salt and pepper and the croutons.
2. Pour into an oven proof dish, add on a couple tablespoons of toasted breadcrumbs and hemp seeds, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
3. Remove to serve with fresh basil, extra hemp seeds, olive oil and lemon slices.
4. To make homemade croutons, simply slice some bread in to cubes, drizzle with oil, slices, salt and pepper and bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
To serve: • Fresh basil • Hemp seeds • Toasted breadcrumbs for serving • Good quality olive oil • Fresh lemon for serving