- Golden milk concentrate
- ¼ cup honey, agave or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup of filtered water
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger (can sub 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger, to taste)
- 1 cinnamon ground or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or ½ vanilla bean
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional add-ins: Freshly ground black pepper; Pinch ground cayenne pepper; 2-3 cardamom pods (crushed); Star anise; Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- For 1 latte
- 1 1 ½ cup tiger nut milk (see tiger nut milk recipe)
- 1 tbsp concentrate
1. Start by setting a small saucepan over low heat. Add all the ingredients, whisk until combined. Heat for 1-2 minutes on low heat then transfer to a glass container. The turmeric will stain plastic containers.
2. To make a latte, place the tigernut milk into a blender jug. Blend to combine the oil and froth the milk slightly. Enjoy as is or heat for 2 minutes in a saucepan for a warm latte drink.
TIPS & TOPPING SUGGESTIONS
Makes 1 1/4 cups concentrate, enough for 4 lattes. Store mix in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
Add a shot of espresso.
Alternatively, add the concentrates to the whole tiger nuts mixture before blending the whole tiger nuts for milk. Add ice and enjoy an iced golden latte.