- 1kg rosa or cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Local Village moringa pasta, uncooked
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to season
- Serve with warm baguette or ciabatta
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (use vegan cheese for plant-based alternative)
1. Preheat your oven to 120C, prepare a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 45 - 1 hour.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, salt well. Cook the moringa pasta just until al dente, about 7 minutes. Spare 1 cup pasta liquid and drain the remaining water. Drizzle the pasta with 1 tbsp olive oil, toss and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil over medium heat, add the chilli and garlic. Cook on for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and roasted tomatoes and sweetener of choice. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Season with salt to taste.
4. Add the pasta to the pan of tomatoes along with half of the parsley leaves. Toss the pasta until it’s well-coated in the sauce, adding some of the pasta water if you need to loosen it up. Taste for seasoning.
5. Serve with an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, grated parmesan and remaining parsley. Serve with warm bread.