- • 1 cup of cooked Local Village Foods Fonio grain
- • 2 small baby marrows
- • 1 large carrot
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 1⁄2 of a finely chopped red onion
- • 1-2 Chillies deseeded and chopped
- • 1 teaspoon of cumin spice
- • A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- • Heaped tablespoon of chickpea flour to help bind
• Dill yogurt dipping sauce
• Chilli sauce
• Feta crumbing
• Carrot & cucumber salad
Grate your baby marrows and carrots, keeping them separate.
Squeeze excess water in your baby marrows using your hands, and discard the water Mix the baby marrows, carrots and all ingredients except the oil together until they can hold, if still sticky add in more flour.
Mould the fritters into mini flat pancakes with your hands
Coat a wide pan with oil and warm over medium heat then place your fritters in ensuring you do not crowd the pan. Fry the fritters over medium-low heat until golden on the bottom, 2-3 minutes. Gently flip and fry on the second side until golden and cooked through. 2-3 more minutes.
Remove to a cooling rack and repeat until you have cooked all fritters.
Stack together and serve on a board or platter with your dill yogurt, avo, feta. Serve right away