- • 1 cup of cooked Local Village Foods sorghum. (soak overnight before cooking)
- • 1 cup diced cucumber
- • 2 -3 deseeded & diced tomatoes
- • 1 -2 teaspoons of salt
- • Pepper to taste
- • 1 cup of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- • 1 cup of chopped mint
- • 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onions
- • 1⁄2 cup of pomegranates (optional)
- • 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- • Juice of 2 large lemons
Cook or sorghum until tender according to package directions. Drain off any excess water, and set aside to cool.
Combine your diced cucumber and tomato in a medium bowl with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the salt. Stir, and let the mixture rest for at least 10 minutes, or until you’re ready to mix the salad.
Chop your herbs finely without bruising them or alternatively use a food processor.
Add the cooled sorghum, with all ingredients, holding back on the olive oil, squeezed lemon juice. Use a spoon to mix and ensure that everything has mixed in well.
In a small measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Pour it into the salad and stir to combine. Taste, and adjust if necessary. Let your salad rest for some time for the flavours to come together before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.