- 2 cups plantain flour, sifted
- 1-2 tbsp sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup + 2tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 2 eggs/ flax eggs*
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Oil for cooking
- To serve
- Nut butter, we used almond
- Fresh fruit, we used kiwi
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender except the coconut oil.
2. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Melt the coconut oil and drizzle into the blender. Blend until combined for 10 seconds.
3. Prepare for cooking by placing a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil to allow for a crispier exterior on the flapjacks.
4. Preheat the frying pan for 1 minute before adding the batter.
5. Pour ¼ cup scoops of the mixture the frying pan, cover with a lid to steam if possible for 1-2 minutes then flip over and cook for another minute. Place on a cooling rack.
6. Serve with nut butter and fresh fruit.
*Flax eggs recipe: Mix 2 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to a thick paste.